Tuesday, May 9, 2006

It is the moment I have been awaiting for nearly 4 years. My academic career is coming to a close, and I am moving on to bigger and better things. It won't be long before I take my finals, pack my belongings, and move to San Diego to live with my wonderfully sexy boyfriend.

One thing is for sure--I can't say that I am not scared. I will be leaving the town that I have been living in for the past 4 years, along with my job and all of my friends. I am abandoning all that is familiar and heading towards the unknown. This is a big step for me considering that I am the kind of person that likes to have all of the big things planned out. I would typically be disinclined to move to a city where there is little prospect of finding a good job, but the need to be closer to the love of my life seems to be outweighing the need for immediate employment.

Kevin and I have been together for nearly a year now, but have spent very little of that time together. We met in San Diego last year while I was visiting for a summer internship, and have been dealing with the difficulties of a long-distance relationship ever since. While it hasn't been the worst thing in the world, it certainly hasn't been ideal. I have been anxiously waiting for school to be over so the two of us could finally be together again, but now that the end is in sight, I am more than a little bit nervous. All of the fears that I have been pushing to the back of my mind are surfacing. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I can't help but think about all of the "what ifs."

But, despite all of my insecurities, I know everything will work out for the best. I have found the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with, and that's all I can ask for.

No comments: